RULES OF PREPARATION, PRESENTATION
AND EDITORIAL PROCESSING OF PAPERS
1. The contents and structure of paper
The main requirements to the paper to be accepted for the editorial consideration:
- The results of own scientific (theoretical and/or experimental) researches of authors are presented (except for reviews);
- Accurately defined scientific novelty is containing and the paper contents is corresponding with a profile and thematic directions of journal;
- The paper can be interesting for readers in professional and scientific aspects;
- The contents and conclusions are true;
- The out-of-date or irrelevant data are not containing;
- There is no repetition or compilation of the previous publications.
Materials of popular scientific, educational/methodical and commercial character are not considered. The data of technical workings out and innovations can be published, but not as an article, and as the information of not promotional character, preparing by special rules (see further).
Paper should be structured, with allocation of basic elements (parts):
- The title (should correspond strictly to paper contents);
- The summary;
- The basic text:
- introduction (introduction and the summary should not duplicate each other) in which should be reflected:
- an urgency of a problem,
- the review of a problem’s modern state and an estimation of degree of its development,
- a subject and object of research,
- the purposes and problems;
- research methods;
- presentation of the decision of a scientific problem;
- discussion (value, possibilities of use, determination of the problem’s further working out);
- Conclusions (should not repeat the text of paper and results formulated earlier; it is necessary to avoid phrases ”the decision was executed”, “tests were conducted” or other descriptions of the problem’s decision process);
- Acknowledgement and thanks (at presence);
- References (not less than 8 sources, including foreign; no more than 1/3 references to the previous works of paper authors);
- Data on all authors of paper.
It is not necessarily to write the names of paper’s elements, except for "Key words" and “References”; it is desirable to allocate "Conclusions".
The title, the summary and keywords should provide efficiency of abroad search of paper by means of the informative value, attraction, brevity and capacity.
The basic text of paper should meet the requirements of convinceness, clearness, concreteness, logicality, sufficiency and brevity.
2. Presentation of the paper’s manuscript to journal
The manuscript is presented to editorial office of the journal in Russian. Foreign authors can send articles in English. Publication of paper simultaneously in two variants - in Russian and English languages is possible. In this case two texts – in Russian and exact translation into English are made out. The following documents are presented together with the manuscript:
- The accompanying letter from the organisation, where paper was proceeded from;
- The recommendation of the academic (chair) or scientific division (a certified extract from the report of the division’s meeting);
- The expert protocol on the publication possibility, issued in the organisation, where the paper was prepared;
- The permission of Rospatent to the open publication of materials under the demand for the invention.
Paper is sent to journal in two copies printed in А4 format, with the appendix of its record on CD and the above-mentioned accompanying documents in one specimen, to the address of Journal “News of higher educational institutions. Construction” 113 Leningradskaya St, 630008, Novosibirsk, Russian Federation. It is possible to send the electronic version of the text, illustrations and tables, and also the scanned accompanying documents by e-mail on the editorial office address email@example.com).
If paper was or will be directed to other publishing or has been published earlier, it is necessary to inform the editorial staff of journal on this fact. Materials of already published works are not accepted to consideration.
After acceptance the decision of editors on conformity of presented paper to a profile and thematic directions of journal, and also to the criterions stated in item 1, the manuscript is accepted to editorial processing. Then the author's contract with the author (authors) is signed defining copyrights and the consent to the publication of the some personal data (it is minimum – e-mail).
The fee for published paper is not paid.
In case of refusal to publish the paper due to formal reasons authors are informed on refusal by e-mail with explanations of a cause of a failure. The complete set of the documents does not send come back to authors. If paper then represents again after the remake it is considered as first time arrived.
3. Paper preparation
3.1. The manuscript should prepare on the computer in editor Microsoft Word for Windows (versions from XP to Word 97/10). The font Times New Roman Cyr is used in the size 14 pt with a line spacing 1,5. The size of a sheet is A4; fields: left - 3 sm, right - 1,5 sm, top - 2 sm, bottom - 2,5 sm; numbers of pages below in the middle are obligatory. Manuscript volume – no more than 12 pages, including illustrations, tables, references and data on authors.
3.2. Structure of the paper manuscript and guidelines for authors (see «THE SAMPLE OF PREPARED ARTICLE»):
a Russian-language part (only for authors from Russian Federation and those who present the Russian-language variant of paper):
- УДК index - in the left top corner, capital letters;
- The initials and surnames of authors - capital letters with alignment on the left edge, through a comma for several authors;
- Paper title – capital letters with alignment on the left edge;
- The summary in volume to 0,3 p. (not less than 80 words, with a designation of problems, methods, results of research);
- Keywords (not less than 5, specifying in essentially important objects and scientifically-methodical features of research);
- Text of paper according to following rules:
- a style - the standard style of scientific publications, with generally known rules of spelling and punctuation (author's adjustment of the text is obligatory);
- it is necessary to apply physical quantities and their designations agreed to the international system SI;
- abbreviations and reductions have to be deciphered at the first use;
- formulas should be typed by Times New Roman font in the editor Formulas MS Equation or MathType (each formula – from the new line, in the centre, numbered with Arabian digits in brackets at the page right edge); references to formulas in the text – Arabian digits in brackets;
- there should be a necessary minimum of formulas in paper; all necessary mathematical transformations must be taken out in the appendix to paper (for the reviewer);
- both Russian and Greek letters and indexes, and also digits, abbreviations and Standard functions (Re, cos, etc.) in the text, formulas, signatures to illustrations and in tables are typed by a direct font; Latin letters - in the italics;
- in order to avoid mixture of similar images capital and small letters V and v, S and s, O and o, K and k, etc., and also hard distinguishable letters and symbols l, e and 1 (digit), n and п, I and J, etc.; in the necessary cases explanations are carried out by a pencil marks on fields;
- the places of illustrations (pictures, diagrams) and tables are specified on manuscript fields places; (it is not necessary to insert them in the text – it will be done during editorial processing);
- illustrations are represented in the form of the files created in Corel Draw or Microsoft Word, written down with expansion .cdr (preferably) or. doc, photos – .TIFF or .JPEG; inscriptions and digits are typed by Arial font; drawing lines must be more thick than 1 pt; illustrations, including photos, should have the good quality of details;
- numbers and titles of illustrations are settled down under them; please print this data on the separate sheet;
- illustrations should be executed so that it would be possible to edit them (to change a font, to correct the possible spelling errors);
- illustrations are printed with signatures to them; the size of an illustration – no more than 20x30 sm, their total number no more than 4 as a rule,
- tables are printed everyone on a single sheet; all inscriptions in them are given completely, without reduction of words; the table title is places over the table;
- REFERENCES compiled in accordance with the rules:
- the list joins only the published works in order of their mentions in paper; references to them are given in paper text by Arabian digits in square brackets;
- there should not be standard documents in the list (technical regulations, legal certificates and other unauthorized sources) - references to them have to be given in paper’s text in expanded form or in foot-notes;
- bibliographic descriptions in REFERENCES and foot-notes should be made out according to GOST 7.1–2003 and GOST Р 7.0.5–2008 (see RULES and “EXAMPLES OF BIBLIOGRAPHIC RECORDS AND REFERENCES”);
- references to Internet sites are not supposed; for articles from the registered electronic journals are specified the following data: surnames and the initials of authors, article title, the title of journal, target data of release, the address of a journal site and reference date to the electronic resource;
- Data on authors: successively for everyone – a surname, a name, a patronymic (completely); a scientific degree, ranks (honorary titles not to specify); the name of institution or establishments in which the author works; author’s e-mail; the country (if not Russian Federation);
an English-language part:
- Data on authors - it is consecutive for everyone:
- a surname, a name, a patronymic (completely), transliterated in the Latin symbols onthe system BGN (use the table of the appendix “TRANSLITERATION RULES”);
- a scientific degree (DSc – the doctor of sciences, PhD – the candidate of science, MSc - the master, without indication of a scientific direction);
- academic ranks (Professor, Ass. Professor, Academician of …, Cor. Member of …), another – Senior lecturer, engineer, post-graduate student, student;
- the official name of the organisation (establishment), a city (if it is not mentioned in the organisation name), the country;
- Paper title;
- Summary; (translation into English identical to Russian variant)
- for foreign sources in a Latin – in original descriptions;
- for references to Russian-language sources – transliteration from Russian letters to Latin symbols (on system BGN) of surnames and initials of all authors and paper title; then in square brackets – paper’s title in translation into English; other elements of the bibliographic description in English, with an exception of dividers /, – , // and replacement №, c. and C. on No, p. and рp. accordingly; in the end – (rus). Article should be carefully edited and signed by all authors. Date of paper sending must be indicated.
4. Editorial processing of the paper manuscript
- Registration of the materials received from authors;
- Appointment of reviewers for papers in accordance with the editorial rules (see “REVIEWING of PAPERS»);
- The organisation and information support of interaction between the paper authors and reviewers, with maintenance of confidentiality of reviewing process;
- Informing authors on passage by paper the stages of editorial processing;
- Editing of the text and graphic materials of paper with entering of necessary stylistic and technical amendments, and also changes and the reductions improving quality of paper without a damage to its contents and reader's perception;
- Preparation of article for imposition and inclusion in a model of the issue of the journal;
- A direction, on demand, proof-reading of article to authors for the coordination.
1. The journal publishes the information on scientific and technical workings out and innovations in the field of construction. Information materials are not papers, that is why they are not reviewed, and in the process of their preparation it is necessary to follow the rules:
- Style should be informing and descriptive (not promotional), counting on interests of the potential consumers;
- Data of technical character can be presented (the data on technical and economic efficiency is possible), but without formulas, price, etc.;
- Developers, their contact phones and addresses (postal address, e-mail) are specified.
Volume of represented materials for one working out is 1 page, including possible 1-2 illustrations of high quality. The electronic version is obligatory.
2. A subscription to journal “News of higher educational institutions. Construction” is accepted since any month without restriction (comes to an end two months prior to a journal exit to the public) by establishments of Agency "Rospechat" and post offices. An index of the edition 70377.
Separate copies of journal can be got directly in editorial office which address is:
of. 129, Novosibirsk State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering,
113 Leningradskaya St, Novosibirsk.
It is possible to ask about presence of necessary issue by phone +7(383) 266 28 59 or by e-mail: izvuz_str @sibstrin.ru